Skin Care – Tips and Advice
- One of the simplest, yet most ignored rule of excellent skincare – UV protection. Having slight SPF in your foundation can still offer you the protection you need without feeling heavy or sticky.
- Hot baths and long showers strip the essential oils from your skin, leaving it dull and dehydrated. To prevent this, use warm water and limit your shower time to ensure your skin stays renewed, revived and revitalised.
- Fighting oily skin..with oil? Sounds ridiculous, doesn’t it? Actually, it’s possibly the best and most logical thing to do!
- When you’re looking for a deep exfoliation, do it for longer not harder.
- More than one alcoholic drink a day or lack of sleep can cause increased oil production and enlarged pores. Aim for at least 7 hours of sleep a night and try to minimise drinking alcohol.
- Beauty starts from within, so your diet plays a huge part in your skin. The water in fruits and vegetables like grapefruit and cucumber penetrates and plumps up cells better than drinking water.
- Exfoliate with a body scrub at least once a week, to remove dead cells which make your skin appear dull and lifeless. Also, lotions and oils will absorb much better.