“How often should I clean my make up brushes?”
We know its a bit of a chore, but it is essential to keep your tools clean to prevent bacterial and product build up. However, with the extra day off this weekend – one might just fit it in.
Anyway, In the perfect world we should wash our brushes once a week, but being realistic if you can wash your brushes at least once a month you are heading in the right direction. Here are few pointers to keep you brushes in tip top condition.
1. With warm water saturate the brush hairs only.
2. Use a tiny pea size amount of mild shampoo then massage into the brush hair into the palm of your hand. Do this until the shampoo has been completely dispersed among the brush hairs.
3. Rinse the brush thoroughly until the water runs clear.
4. Repeat as necessary.
5. After rinsing apply gentle pressure to remove the excess water and maintain the brush shape.
6. Place on a towel and lay flat to dry. Never dry your brush in an upright position as it can cause damage, it will loosen the glue that binds the brushes and lead to hair loss.
If you like your gadgets and you cant wait hours for your brushes to dry, there is an alternative with the new StylPro MakeUp Brush Cleaner from Inventor Tom, check out the link. It takes a little getting used to but it is quite addictive.
Remember if you love your brushes and they will love you back!